29 April 2010

lurve My Dorky self

I found a summer job!

Pats on the backs all around.

I'll be working in a call center for an alarm company. It sounds pretty similar to what I did as an office manager for American Alarm (before the company went belly-up from some seriously unethical behaviors on the part of the company's founder) except back then I had to work with some pretty oily, nasty, bottom-of-the-barrel salesmen.

*ShUdDeR*

But not this time! Now it's just me and a phone and a keyboard. Good times are guaranteed to be had by all.

The job ends in September, at which point I'll return to my current workstudy job. I found out that they're not planning on hiring back two of the workstudy students (on account of their being unreliable, lazy moochers) but they WILL be hiring Blockhead back (on account of his being reliable, punctual, and productive). Sure, he's dense, incredibly and unabashedly dense, but as long as he doesn't let that get in the way of being reliable, punctual and productive, then there are no problems.

Well...there are problems, but they only seem to affect me, so I'll just shut up and get back to work.

Did anyone else notice how catchy "pats on the backs all around" is to say out loud? Feels like iambic pentameter.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment