06 May 2010

this almost Had a Brilliant Title

My to-do list consists of the following items (to be addressed in this order):

  • Read *
  • Draw/Paint something *
  • Dishes (there are always dishes...)
  • Take a nap *
  • Go to work from 6 - 11 **
* = optional
** = very, very not optional

This, my friends, is what I would call a good day.

^_^

I got up at 7 this morning to go on a walk with my husband (he says we need to exercise more...and he's right...but I don't think a 30 minute stroll is going to justify our current calorie intake...OH WELL) and I've been awake ever since.

Taking care of, you know, To-Do List stuff. ^_0

Because of this, the "take a nap" item is becoming less and less of an "optional," and will be moving in a more "mandatory" direction come about 2:00 - 2:30.

I love this summer.

A great deal of my energies are being spent on appreciating, savoring, and recognizing the fleeting nature of this break from school. Life does not generally move at this leisurely pace. Life is generally hard, frantic, and relentless.
I think everyone needs a break from Life's grueling demands, hopefully every once in a while.
When this break is over I will go back to enduring pressures of deadlines and obligations and taxing, wearisome worries, probably for another 2 or more years before another break comes along.
It hurts to remember that this will end all too soon. I think it's that pain that keeps me productive, though. Rather than lay around waiting for something to do, I find things I want to do, that I've been waiting for an opportunity to do, and then I do them.

There are moments, when I look around my quiet apartment, breathing in the sunshine that falls in through the blinds, that I feel completely and thoroughly good. I try to imprint that sensation into my permanent memory banks, as something to fall back on when this is all over. When things are dark and worrisome I'll be able to think back and remember what I had, what I'll have again, and know that life is, essentially, good.

No comments:

Post a Comment