08 May 2010

SOOOO....

Maybe you'll be sad, maybe you won't. I, myself, am still deciding how I feel about it.

So, here's the thing....

It goes like this....

Well, it just....

Wow, there's no easy way to say it.
Guess I'll just say it.

I'm not going to New York this summer.

O.o

There's just no way to make it happen this summer. My current job is only willing to let me take 5 days off, and that's not enough time to get there, see stuff, and get back. And money is tighter than I had expected it to be.

The tentative plan now is to fly out to Florida and stay with my friend's family there for a few days. Hang out on the beach, see the sights of the Sunshine State, and then (somehow) come back. If we come back by car it could take longer than my job would be happy with, and if we fly it could take more of my dollars than I would be happy with.
I'm still down with seeing Florida, we just need to hammer out a few more of the details.

New York is on the to-do list for next summer.

Maybe it's better that way. My darling husband (he's "darling" because he's not here right now, wasn't here yesterday, won't be back till tonight, and sleeping alone in bed is chillier than I remember it being) has never been to New York and wants to go. Maybe this way we'll be able to go together. Maybe it won't be next summer, maybe it will. Whenever.

It's gonna happen, though. Fo' sho'.

No comments:

Post a Comment