07 May 2010

*blink blink*

I have brushed and flossed my teeth for three days in a row now. Today will be the fourth.

I'm shocked, too. It's not like I sat down and made a goal to floss my teeth every  morning. It's just that I have time now. And so, apparently, when I have time, I bother to take care of myself.

And I clean my apartment.

It's all very strange and new to me, too.

Also, I just discovered the band Uniform Motion, and I'm especially in love with their song "Roll Over."

You can listen to the whole song at their website : Uniform Motion.

I'm pretty sure my car is on the verge of death. I really (really) don't want it to die on my way to work this evening, especially since my husband won't be around tonight to rescue me. So I'm going to visit a mechanic this morning. I'll probably (definitely) have to dip into our savings account for that visit.

I don't want to do it.

But I don't want my car to die, either.

Oh joyous anxiety, you are much over due. I haven't had to worry about my car for nearly six months now, and that is just way too long to not worry about flat tires or oil changes or the fact that my power locks no longer work, and that my side mirror is DUCT TAPED to my car, or that my headlights/all lights in the car flicker for no explicable reason. And now my engine is making threatening noises and abruptly slows my car down like it's going to quit, and whines when I push down on the accelerator.

I don't want to take out of our savings account (it has taken so long to build it up to its current meager total). I don't want to go to the mechanic. Most of all, I don't want to get out of my pajamas.

But that's what being an adult requires of us. So I'll suck it up and go be an adult for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment