18 May 2010

rather Be eaten By A jabberwocky

I need to not be on this computer right now. I need to not be writing on blogger. But now that we're on the topic...

Look at how tiny the words can get!!

What I need to do is get myself into the shower, into some clean clothes, and into my car. From there I will drive to places that I don't want to go and give people I don't like handfuls of my hard-earned money. Why will I do this, you ask?

Because the time of the inevitable has come upon us. It's time to register my car.

I can get a safety and emissions test for pretty cheap at Jim's, which is not far from here. But what if they find something wrong and I have to fork out hundreds of dollars for repairs? That's what worries me: the potential for disaster. My car is over ten years old now. It's no spring chicken. (assuming "spring chicken" means what i'm assuming "spring chicken" means...) It's not an unlikely possibility.
Then there's the registration fee to the DMV. And while I'm out, I may as well get that oil change I've been putting off for a month. And my back tire has a slow leak...gotta find someone who can patch that for me.

It's rainy and gloomy and foggy today, outside and in. I just want to go back to bed.

On the other hand, what better time to be out and about? The weather has finally decided to reflect what I'm feeling inside. I should be out there to bask in it. Nature and I will share commonalities and exchange sympathies. In a way, the gloomy overcast weather could do me more good than sunshine.

Alright, I'm going. Let the record show, I tore myself from the internet before noon. That could quite possibly be my only victory of the day. Sweet, savory victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment