21 April 2010

should I Feel guilty? cuz I don't

You remember that girl that rides my bus, from the last post? Yeah, you remember.

I totally blew her off. *guilty shrug* She and/or her husband was/were supposed to come to the apartment and give us a spiel about the company...you remember all this? And how I wasn't looking forward to it? Well...

My husband ended up being "conveniently" out of town that afternoon and I "coincidentally" stayed on campus working on a final project. *another guilty shrug*
If I'd had her number at the time, I would have called and told her we were busy (which we were; busy avoiding her). So we both avoided our apartment the whole afternoon. I know, how inconvenient, right?

Maybe it was rude. Maybe it was deceitful. Maybe it was wrong.
But my husband got a new tent (on sale) while he was out and I finished my project ahead of schedule, which puts me ahead of the class.

I make no apologies.

I've also finagled my schedule so that I won't have to see her on the bus for the rest of this week or, hopefully, the rest of the semester.

Call it cowardice, call it passive-aggressive, call it hypocritical, call it whatever you want. I will openly agree with you on any of those points and more. I can't say I feel bad about it, though. I'm that desperate to not have to deal with this girl anymore.
I do feel bad about all the times I've guilted other people for their cowardice, and the complaints I've lodged against people who use passive-aggressive tactics to get their way, and I feel bad about seeing myself in this hypocritical light.

HOWEVER

I do not feel bad about avoiding this girl. Not one iota.

No comments:

Post a Comment