15 April 2010

workstudy Jobs Are Not available in The summer...

Every year, around this time of year, I start thinking to myself, "Why not get a real job? Something part time, something that would work around your class schedule, and then you wouldn't have to go through this agony every summer." So I start looking and I get interviews and I realize that...

there are a lot of advantages to working on campus that I'm not willing to give up.

But I need something to get me through the summer.

What I want is to work in an office-type setting, data entry or phones or something, and I want at least $9.00/hour and I want to not have to deal with people and I want to be able to up and leave at the end of August.

What? Asking too much?

Okay, okay. I'll settle for $8.50.

Actually, I ran across a really perfect job description today. Something about office job (perfect), self-motivated (my middle name), very little management (sweet), answering phones and entering customer's info into a database (that's what I'm talking about), must be willing to work alone (my favorite way to work), temporary job that will end in August (again, perfect).
It's like my name was printed all over it.

They have no idea my name was printed all over it. I tried to tell them, but I think I just came across as crazy. They won't call me back. They'll give my job to some blond bimbo who has never heard of a 10-key. *hangs head in sadness*

No comments:

Post a Comment