06 March 2010

This week Has Been as strange As this Post

This has been the strangest week. 

It was my birthday on Thursday, so already the stage is set for weirdness.  (just between you and me and the world wide web, if it could have been just another thursday, it would have been a successful day. that, to me, is a great birthday: when no one knows about it. there's nothing more awkward than a birthday dinner where the birthday girl is wincing in pain and trying to deflect attention from herself)

I've also been sick most of the week; could be a virus, an ulcer, a bacterial disease, an alien parasite...I really don't know. I have no attention span this week. I keep trying to do homework but it's just not happening. I barely have the attention span to write this post.

I'm going to see Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland tonight. Just one more item to add to my ever-growing list of Unproductive Activities I've Taken Part in This Week. 

I don't usually see movies in theaters anymore. I've become disillusioned and cynical towards Hollywood. The lines are cliche, the jokes have been told before, nothing is new or thoughtful, and the people are mockingly fake.  I like independent films. I like when it costs me nothing to see independent films.

And Miyazaki. I really like Miyazaki.

I'll watch movies if I can get it from Redbox or a dollar theatre. If it's any more than that, I feel ripped off.

I'm looking forward to this film, though. Tim Burton speaks my visual language. It's a one-way communication, unfortunately. Like when you've taken Spanish for a little over a year and you can understand what's being said to you but you have no way of articulating your thoughts back to the speaker. Yeah. It's like that with me and Tim. Except, Tim is unaware of my struggle and I don't think he loses too much sleep over it.

I like Metric's "Grow Up and Blow Away" but I keep singing "blow up and grow away."  And that makes no sense.

Did anyone else notice that I spelled "theatre" two different ways in this post? Little things like that make me giddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment