16 March 2010

I'm Alive!!

It feels good to be alive.

The stubborn congestion in my chest insists on lingering with me still, but the cough has died down and I'm sure it's only a matter of time until I feel like I can breathe without these infernal vibrations. 

I came to work today to find a pile of paperwork in my box. That's what happens when you fail to show up to work for a week and a half.  I thought the inbox/stacked-shelf-thing was going to break under the weight of all that paper. I've never seen it so full.

Most of it came from our Dept Chair; an exam he gave out probably last week.  I've graded this exact same test for four sememsters now. Students never do well on this test. For reasons that are beyond me, the students seem to feel that they don't need to study.
I used to be amazed that teachers could tell when I had studied and when I hadn't.  Now that I'm looking at students' test results and scores, I understand. I'm not a teacher, nor do I have any intention of becoming one, so I can tell you with complete confidence that it's not a Teacher Super-Power.  It comes from being a smart student.

There's a huge difference between students that go to class and study, the students that just go to class, and the students that have probably shown up for class 2-3 times in the whole semester.

What's the moral of this post?
Give me a moment to think of one....

...moments pass....

~ Go study, 'cause you're completely transparent when you don't. ~

Ta da.

No comments:

Post a Comment