26 March 2010

Thank you, Universe....i Think

I came to school today with a chicken salad sandwich and an apple. That's it.

I'm going to be here for about 12 hours today.

I came prepared to be hungry.

But then something magical happened. One of the teachers in my office came back from lunch with leftover cheesy potato soup and offered it to me. (apparently it was some all-you-can-eat place and he ate all he could eat and what was left was what he couldn't eat. i love that sentence.) So I had a real lunch. And I still have a sandwich to eat later this afternoon when hunger comes prowling after me again.

This is not the first time I've been given free food on a day that I had very little food for myself. In fact, in the 3+ years I've been going to this school, I can only remember two or three times that I went through the day hungry. But for every one time I was hungry, there have been at least 4-5 instances where I had no food but magically free food was provided for me.

The universe really is good to me.

I'm not sure why the universe is good to me.

Unless it has something sinister and horrible waiting for me around the corner.

So here we are, the universe and I, weaving our tangled web. The universe is working diligently to pamper me and lull me into a false sense of security. And I willingly take all the handouts, while staying on my guard, ready for any nasty surprises.

Is this paranoia? I can't help but wonder if there's medication for this sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment