23 March 2010

a bummer Of profound Proportions

Spring Break is over, guys.

*moment of respectful silence, please, for the dearly departed "break" from school*

I'm not coping well with the loss. There was no "fun" in my Spring Break. I used the break to catch up on homework that was piling up, but there's still a truckload of work to be done.  Also, I needed the break to rest and recover from whatever virus was trying to overtake my body.

And then...

I woke up this morning with a very distinct and all-too familiar feeling in the back of my throat. There was pain, swollen mucus-choked pain, in the upper region of my throat. Almost the back of my mouth, but higher up, closer to the nose. It was a pain that I knew would disappear as I meandered through the day, but it will be back three-fold tomorrow morning. And three-fold again the next morning. Until, by the end of the week, my entire face will explode in a noxious mess of infectious mucus-y slime and gunk.

This.Cannot. Happen.

I just got done being sick! I CANNOT afford to miss any more school or work! Hear me, all you bugs and viruses floating around out there: you had your chance! And in five weeks you can have another chance, but for pity's sake, leave me alone until the end of April!!

I need a plan of attack. I need an escape route.

I'll drink copious amounts of water and orange juice.
I'll sleep as much as possible (going to bed before 11:00, naps between classes, naps in the middle of classes, whatever it takes).
I'll...I'll...oh no.
What else can I do?
What else is there??

Even as I sit here I can feel the sickness working on my body. I'm already dependent on decongestants, my brain feels foggy, I am indescribably tired, and the pain in my throat has evolved into a dull throb.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

This can't can't can't can't can't can't can't happen.

I need another Spring Break!!

No comments:

Post a Comment