04 March 2010

i refuse To milk Out a Witty title For This post

I got sick yesterday night. It's been pretty wretched.

Intense pain in my stomach, mostly. Kept me awake all night. Tried not to eat.  Hunger got the best of me. Tried to stick with bland foods. Toast made me want to die, but for some reason Cream of Wheat made my stomach happy. So I've been living off of Cream of Wheat for the last 36 hours.

Awesome.

I haven't had this kind of pain since the 5th grade. I don't think we ever figured out what it was back then, either.

No...wait....

It was ulcers! I remember now. They found like three different ulcers in my gut.  (what kind of 10 year old deals with enough stress to get ulcers?? me, apparently) But even after those were taken care of, the pain persisted. So the next summer they took out my gallbladder. The pain was gone for about a week and then shifted to a different spot. 

Man, those are weird memories.  Eventually the pain went away on its own. I have no idea what's going on now.  It could just be a bug.

Happy Birthday to me, right?  23 years old today. I'm going to try my best not to remember it.

I got a Happy Birthday e-mail from The American Red Cross today. So, you know, that was pretty cool. Didn't get that last year. I know they're just out for my blood, but I'm still touched in a strange and totally irrational way.

1 comment:

  1. 23? You old fart. Let's be honest here. Anyone over the age of . . . me is an old fart.

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete