02 February 2010

Three months Of Nothing to Plan

Husband is going to be the Program Director at a Scout Camp this summer.

I will NOT be accompanying him.

I worked at camp with him (the same camp he's in charge of now) last summer when we were engaged.  It was...well we won't go into details.  It is sufficient to say that I will not be working at camp again. Maybe ever.

So he'll be gone most of the summer.  I'll see him when he comes home Saturday afternoons, but then he'll go back up to the mountain Sunday evening.  (and that, according to the BSA, is a "weekend")
 
This is not a "woe-is-me-I-need-pity" story.  On the contrary --

I had plans of my own this summer which included finding a part time job (yay for extra money) and going to school for the summer semester.  I love school in the summer: parking is free, classes are shorter, the buildings are quiet, and financial aid is available this year.  Yay school.

I overlooked one minor detail, though: I'm a Junior now.  Only higher-division classes from here on out.  Higher-division classes are rarely, if ever, offered during the summer.

Well.

Well, crap.

So I may not be going to school this summer.  I was relaying my distress over the situation  to my mother who brought up a refreshing point: maybe it's time for me to take a break.  Maybe this summer should consist of me taking it easy: reading books, drawing pretty pictures, volunteering at the state Arts Festival, etc.

It has been a LONG time since I've taken a break....

I guess that settles it, then.  My plans for summer are now wide open. 
Can anyone reccomend a good summer job? 
Summer activities? 
You wouldn't happen to be going to any amusement parks this summer, would you? 

If you are...

Can I come?
^_^

3 comments:

  1. We are totally going to have lunch and catch up! (If that's ok with the hubby) I would like to place myself for a couple lunches on your summer calendar if possible! Thanks! :)

    A. Twirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, really? By 'lunch' you mean we'd actually be interacting in person? Like, face-to-face? Woah...it's been a while, but I'm game! Have you ever been to the Utah Arts Festival? We should totally check out the Utah Arts Festival. (I've volunteered there every year since 2007. I lurve it.)
    And good news, there are still several lunch appointment spots on my Summer Calendar open and available - which one would you like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LUV to go tot he Utah Arts Festival. I can honestly say I've never been and that needs to be remedied. It would be very cool to have a Arts Festival savant like you show me around ;) As for the lunch, yes actually in person, face to face, with real food even. I was hoping for something soon and hopefully repeating, but since "summer" is still 13 grueling weeks away we might have to play it by ear for the moment. Or alternately, I'm down in Provo/Orem a lot these days since my sis is at the Y and I have family thereabouts, so maybe something sooner than this summer is also an option. Again, play it by ear? Anyway, let me know what you think!

    A. Twirl

    ReplyDelete