24 February 2010

woulda-coulda-shoulda

A classmate/acquaintance/could-be-friend invited me after class today to take part in "Free Pie Day" with her and another friend.  Apparently Village Inn, every Wednesday, will give you a free slice of pie if you purchase a single item on their menu.  Pretty cool.

(that was a pretty cute plug for village inn, wasn't it? i'm going to tell them they owe me a piece of pie for that)

I said "No thanks, not tonight, but we'll definitely do it next Wednesday."  I had things to do tonight; plans, last-minute homework assignments and errands...busy woman, right here.

I got rear-ended on my way home from school.

And as I stood there in the rain with the fellow who drove into my back bumper, waiting in awkward silence for a city officer to show up, I thought to myself,

"I could be having pie right now."

*sad head droop*

No comments:

Post a Comment