08 February 2010

Eleven Has never before Seemed Like Such a large Number

So I've got this friend, this crazy-fun friend, who is taking a roadtrip this summer.  An awesome sauce roadtrip.  She (and her sister and another friend) are going to fly to Florida and from there drive up the East coast.  Some major destinations include: Washington D.C., Boston, and New York City. She started listing off museums and libraries and galleries that they're going to visit.

Apparently they need a fourth person.

(can you feel the excitement?)

So I said to her, I said (this is what I said), "Dude, you know I'm not doing anything this summer, right?  I mean, maybe a summer job, but for now my schedule is wide open."

That launched us into a discussion about cost and what each person would need to contribute and how long this little trip is going to take. I was a little worried about the money side of it, because, as you may or may not know, I have none.  But she's willing to let me pay her back when the money comes. Which means I'll be paying her for our July trip at the end of August.  (the pell grant has no idea that they're paying for my summer roadtrip, but between you and me, that's where the money's going)  Cut, print, that's a wrap, I'm goin' to the East Coast!

Husband is a little bit jealous.  He'll be off at camp being Program Director and won't be able to even pretend to come.  He and I will go together someday.  As for me, myself, I need this trip.  I can't even remember the last time I took a trip somewhere (lies! i went to the carribean on my honeymoon six months ago) or the last time I took a roadtrip (lies and deceit! we drove to vegas for an air show last year), I've never been very far away from Utah (i lived in germany for three years!), and I've never seen the East Coast (i...no wait, that part is actually true).  See?

Totally need this trip.

I was excited for this summer before, but now I am completely psyched out of my mind.  Summer seems so far away!  Eleven long, arduous weeks left until the semester is over and then....well, and then another month and a half of nothing and THEN...New York City, here I come.

3 comments:

  1. Totally jealous. I finally went to NY last summer and I have been dying to get back ever since!! You are going to have a blast. If I were of the female persuasion I might try to bamboozle my way into this trip (yes that's how desperate I am to go visit again). I'm so happy that you are going though. It will be a trip to cherish for as long as you are alive. I am happy for you and turning a sickly shade of green right now.

    A. Twirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!

    A. Twirl, if you were of the female persuasion *I* would try to find a way to bamboozle you into this trip.
    ...if it's any consolation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll consider myself consoled.

    A. Twirl

    ReplyDelete