13 October 2010

please learn The Difference between "Breath" and "Breathe" please

Fall Break starts tomorrow but that just wasn't soon enough, apparently.

I went to bed last night feeling pretty [blegh] and didn't feel too much better when I woke up. I think I'm getting the flu. [blegh]

So I've just stayed home all day, not feeling great but not feeling terrible, waiting to magically feel better. Okay, I haven't been home all day: husband and I ran some errands in the morning. I bought some bad ice cream ("caramel cheesecake" sounds amazing, right?  well it's not. save yourself $2.99 and avoid ice cream altogether). I put some gesso on paper so I can draw all over it tomorrow. And...and...then I ate some soup.

Oh yeah, this Fall Break is getting off to a great start.

I've got a list of things I could be doing, things I'd like to be getting done, but I'm choosing to ignore the To-Do list right now. I'm going to go play my Gamecube for no significant reason other than it's been feeling a bit neglected lately.

I wish I wrote about things that are important on this blog. Mostly I'm just vague. (which makes the blog relatable? meh?) I could write about my elephant (see previous post. and no, I'm not going to bother putting a link to the post here, just scroll to the bottom of the page and do it yourself) (I'm sorry, that was rude. In my defense, I'm probably getting sick) The only problem with the elephant is that it's somewhat controversial. And I've tried pretty hard to keep this blog neutral.

Wish I could say I have a good reason for keeping it neutral, but there is none. I'm a coward that wants to get along with everyone, so I refrain from saying anything that would cause others to disagree with me.

Plus I'm lazy. If you offend people, you need to stay on your toes to fend them off. You have to prepare yourself mentally and emotionally for long, futile debates.

I'd rather nap.

Or draw.

Or play stupid games on my Gamecube.

Mostly I'm a coward, though. In the words of F. Scott Fitzgerald in This Side of Paradise, "I'm so spineless, sometimes I wonder how I get away with it."
I wish I could remember which character said it...I think it was Tom to Amory.

Take care of yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment