14 October 2010

I Really am wearing A goofy Hat

I've got all my supplies out on the table. The paper is ready to go. I've got music and a goofy hat on. I'm ready to create.

Except the neighbors downstairs left their radio on. Normally I don't mind, but it's super loud. My floor is vibrating. This is much louder than they usually play their music. And I know they're not home because I saw them walking out and we exchanged "good mornings."

It sounds like some kind of rock 'n' roll. Harder stuff than I usually like. (I prefer bands like, you know, Nickel Creek, so you can imagine why I'm maybe not handling it as well as others might) I'll just have to turn my music up and hope I can drown it out, though I will probably only succeed in driving myself into the frenzied confusion of syncopated rhythms and contradicting instrumentals, which can only result in frustrated dissatisfaction and a headache.

I'm a little bit particular about my music. A music-prude of sorts. Especially the lyrics. If your lyrics are shallow or overly repetitive or just plain stupid, your song has no place on my radio. How can you listen to music and not listen to the words, what the artist is saying, the whole purpose of the song?? I can't do it.

That paragraph had nothing to do with anything. Sorry.

I'm hungry. I've still got some blueberries. I'm gonna make myself some pancakes!

w00t.

No comments:

Post a Comment