22 October 2010

have I Already used This title?

I'm going to watch corny black-and-white Halloween movies with my husband and his brother tonight. It's going to be great. We're going to mock them and laugh and eat candy and laugh followed by more mocking and more laughter...well, I think you get the point. It promises to be a night full of sarcasm, sugar, and laughter.

(at least, that's what I'm hoping for. reality so rarely conforms to my expectations - even if reality only closely mimics my expectations for tonight, I'll be satisfied.)

Due to some work schedule conflicts and a backwards sleep cycle, we will be starting our corny marathon at about 12:00.

Midnight.

Tonight.

What? This doesn't strike you as a good idea?

Yeah, me neither. But it's a weekend - worst case scenario: I sleep all day tomorrow. Big deal. I didn't have much else scheduled for tomorrow anyway.

Except for a monkey-boatload of homework that I was supposed to do tonight but it's taking longer than expected and I might not be able to finish by the due date next week but I'M TRYING NOT TO THINK ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT'S THE WEEKEND AND I NEED TO RELAX!!

Breathe. Breathe.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to paint like a crazy woman for the next two hours until the party arrives.

You have a great night.

And Happy Halloween.

Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment