11 October 2010

avoiding The elephant

There's an elephant in my room.

Not really just in my room. It follows me around wherever I go. It serves as a constant reminder of a giant issue that needs to be faced.

I'm not ready to face it.

I don't have enough information. I don't have enough first-hand experience. I don't have enough time. I don't have enough courage.

It keeps staring at me; I can see it in my peripheral view. I'm trying to ignore it so I can get things done. (I have so very much to do) I should talk about this elephant with someone.

People are very kind to me for also pretending that the elephant isn't there. I am most grateful to them for not bringing it up.

Or maybe they don't see it. Maybe they've ignored it for so long that it's become part of the furniture.

I don't want that to happen. This elephant needs to be considered and confronted.

And besides...

...I can't keep sidling around it. It's getting too cluttered in here for that.

But I'm not ready to face it.

No comments:

Post a Comment