10 December 2010

why Do I write These things?

I finally started my (stupid) self-portrait last night. It's due on Monday.
*sigh*
I moved the table (so now you can't walk from the living room to the hallway without turning sideways) and pinned my HUGE piece of paper to the wall. It's easier to work that way. I splattered paint on there for about half an hour before I realized how ugly I had made it.
*sigh*
I'll just paint over it tonight and start again. Multiple layers makes a piece better, right? Creation requires some destruction, right?
Yeah...not in my experience, but that's what my instructor keeps saying. She'll probably love it.

In other news: there's no class today. I have to be at work for a few hours and then I can go back home to work on the (stupid) self-portrait. And, last night, I had a brilliant thought: what if I go to the gym after work? It'll be great, it'll feel great, I'll actually have time to do it, and the gym on campus is free. All I need is my gym-bag and I'm good to go!

I forgot my gym-bag.

*sigh*

Even after thinking about it all last night and this morning, I still forgot the gym-bag. It's like the universe wants me to be chunky for the holidays.

You know how every group of friends has the chubby friend? After years and years of being surrounded by skinny friends, it has never occurred to me that I'm that chubby friend...until just now.
But it's not my fault! I haven't had time to work out - I've had TWO three-hour long classes this semester! I've wanted to work out, I just don't have any time. It's not my fault! It's not fair! It'll be better next semester - I'll have so much more time next semester!

*siiigh*

I refuse to bend to the will of the universe!
Who am I kidding? I'll fold like a house of cards.

In more news: You remember that piece/drawing/painting I made during the summer? I submitted it to the University's Warp&Weave journal (speculative fiction - short stories, poetry, comics, art, anything really...) because I thought that piece would be really perfect for them.

They sent me a rejection letter. Not even a generic one - it had the specific name of the piece and everything. They didn't want it.

I wasn't able to go to the Warp&Weave launch party, but a friend of mine went (who won first prize for her piece "Relapse" - read it here on dA) and told me that my piece was, in fact, published. More than that, they had made prints of all the artworks published this semester to sell. My piece sold out!

Which is awesome!

I just kinda wish they had, you know, told me about it or something. They have my email. They have my phone number. It's not like I'm unreachable.

*sigh*

It's a nice boost to my much-deflated ego, though.

Latest amusing student quote of the semester: "Hello, miss hobbit. It is most agreeable to see you today."

2 comments: