23 December 2010

A picture Just For you!

It only took me over a week, but I finally did it! I fixed the parts of my self-portrait that I didn't like, learned to overlook the rest of it, and got a decent picture on my camera of it...

...all for you. ^_^

The "decent picture" on my camera really isn't that decent, but it's the best I can do with the limited equipment I have.

And here it is, folks:


The height is something close to 40 inches. Who knows what the width is...36 inches? Most important lesson learned from this project:

I (effing) hate working BIG.

It's obnoxious, there's no room for it in my tiny apartment, there's nowhere convenient to work on it, I hate transporting it (which I'll have to do at least two more times), and ultimately it's a pretty terrible experience. And art shouldn't be a terrible experience.
Art can be harrowing, stressful, complicated, and pretty detrimental to one's self-esteem...
But not a terrible experience.

Oh, I jest. I don't really think art is all of those things - it's the deadlines.

*dark, scary Gollum voice*
Yes...the deadlines, Precious. We hates them.
*end of schizophrenic moment*

I'm going to go enjoy my Christmas break now. I'm going to draw at least one new still-life, paint another puppet, and play a lot of Eternal Darkness on Gamecube (cheap game based on Lovecraft's writings. It's pretty awesome.) And my cousins are coming over Tuesday for a huge Firefly marathon.

Yes! I love breaks from school!!

Not only that, but I went to an amazing birthday party last week (was it really that long ago?) for my good friend, Lee, where we wore goofy hats, ate cake, and had a poetry slam. It was epic. There cannot be another party in my lifetime that could top the epic joy gained from that party.

Thanks, Lee!!

And the rest of you: thanks for reading. Now go out and enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment