28 December 2010

oh, how Quickly plans Change...

Holy crap, I had all these amazing plans! I was a go-getter! I was going to finish stuff and start new stuff and hang out with people!

You remember, right? It wasn't that long ago when I talked about all these great plans.

And then I got sick.

WhatThe*&%$ingGoshDangItalltoheck!!!

I got sick on the night before Christmas. (almost poetic, isn't it?) I couldn't eat solid food for over 24 hours. It's a horrible bug that's taken over my system.

I forgot how draining it is to be sick. I just want to be in bed. Today is the first day I've really been out of bed (and out of the apartment, for that matter) since the 25th. I promised my supervisor I would cover the office for her today. Clearly, I made that promise before I got sick.
I'm feeling better today than I was yesterday, certainly, but I'm not convinced that I have any business being away from my bed.

Oh my gosh I just want to lay down please please let me lay down somewhere anywhere I don't care....

Getting up this morning, I thought: "I can do this. Medicate and shower myself, and I'll be ready to tackle this day."

Walking to the bus-stop an hour later: "What the &$%* was I thinking? I shouldn't be here! *oh gosh, my stomach...* I should be in bed. I should walk straight back home and get in bed and- oh crap, here's the bus."

So now I'm in the office.

The first solid food I ate was on the night of the 26th. It was a piece of toast. It took me an hour to eat the whole thing.

These are the adventures of mortality.

I'm really not sure what made me think I could come to work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment