01 November 2010

shoulda Sluffed To take A nap

I get sick about once a semester, usually around midterms and sometimes again right after finals. It's one of those circle-of-life kinds of things.

Except for this semester. Oh sure, I've had a couple of days where I didn't feel 100%, but I haven't been sick enough to need pharmacy drugs or anything like that. I'm pretty stoked about it. I keep bragging about it to people. This semester could set a new record for me.

...until today.

(cue the horrified scream of anguish)

About halfway through the day, I felt it. Fleeting headache, slight soreness in the throat, and a discernible drain of energy.

Have you ever felt that? It's like Superman getting too close to a fleck of kryptonite. Strength levels drop and it takes a few moments to build them up again. There's a sudden hollow feeling in the stomach. The lungs deflate and struggle to let air in again for a split second.

And that's when you know.

It's coming.

Alright, so maybe I'm just hyper-sensitive to every little change my body goes through as a result of my extreme paranoia of getting sick. Maybe not everyone feels this way when they've caught a bug. But I think we're all familiar enough with our bodies to know when something is not right. Everyone knows (or should know) their own body's signals when a cold or a flu is coming on.

And today, my body gave me the signal.

I'm not actually sick (yet). There's still time to ward this thing off (probably).

I wonder if I can just put it off until the Thanksgiving Break? That's only...3 1/2 weeks away...*gulp*

No comments:

Post a Comment