15 November 2010

can I Nap now? How about Now?

It's been a rough semester. It's not just me; it's been a tough couple of months for a lot of people I know. Mostly classmates in the art department.

Nervous breakdowns, emotional trauma, and depression abound in the illustration program. We all started out so happy, so optimistic, so...shiny. Ten weeks later, the school has beaten all of that out of us.
Some of us are still shiny.
Everyone else is dazed, depressed, or in denial.

(I, myself, personally, have decided that I prefer denial over the other two options, so that's where I'm currently residing)

I just need to make it through this week and then it's Thanksgiving Break. After that, it's a short sprint to Christmas and the end of the semester.

I can do this. I can do this. I'm so tired. I can do this.

2 comments:

  1. Who is still shiny? I demand to know!

    "The school has beaten all that out of us..." Heh.

    What about dazed and in denial?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginny seems pretty shiny. And the zoobie gang seems pretty shiny. Maybe they just hide it well...

    I was dazed for a while, but now I'm in denial (I'm going to make James Christensen's success look like a garage sale! Hoo-ha!!) We'll see how long that lasts.

    ReplyDelete