15 September 2010

/*===== comment Here =====*/

There are some days where I feel like I have the potential to be the greatest illustrator ever.


And then there are days like today...when my brain feels like mush and I can't activate my imagination. I'm finite and limited and I'm not sure where I got the idea that I had any potential in the first place.

I just...love it so much. It makes me happy. Surely that counts for something.

At the same time there's an incredulous voice in the back of my mind, the observer, who looks at me and says, "An illustrator? Really? Where did that crackpot idea come from? This can't possibly work. It's too unorthodox, too risky, too...unconventional. It'll never get off the ground."

I almost believe the voice.

But it doesn't matter. Whether it gets off the ground, whether or not other people like my work enough to pay me for it, none of that matters. There are other ways to make a living. This is mostly for me. Learning this skill is for my own satisfaction.

However, if someone feels like paying me for it now and then, I certainly wouldn't complain.

After school today I will meet my husband at Barnes and Noble and take part in their Buy 2 Classics, Get 1 Free sale (I'm terribly excited about the whole thing). I recommend you all do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment