02 December 2009

Once Again my peaceful Existence is disturbed By Sports


I'm lagging in posts because nothing is going on.

But what about Thanksgiving break? All the holidays coming up? The crazy football game that everyone is talking about??

Yeah, like I said: Nothing.

Thanksgiving came and went like it always does; I could complain and moan about how difficult it is to go back to work and school after a break but, seriously, it's not like you don't know. Besides, it happens every year so why talk about it again? Holidays, yeah, same old, same old...you don't really care about those personal details of my holiday plans. I know that, because I don't really care about those personal details of my holiday plans. And football...

*groan*

...I'm NOT a sports-fan and I make no pretenses about it. The game or the rivalries or what so-and-so said about the other team and how that team should have egged so-and-so's car...blegh!! The only part of the whole thing that affected me was the blasphemous traffic it caused in the neighborhood. If it weren't for the people I work with and their strange obsessions with football, I never even would have known there was a game.

(I think I just heard an audible future gasp from several soon-to-be readers. ...sorry?)

I wash my hands of it and steer clear of the whole thing. So I'm just going to hunker down in my little hermit cave, wait for the end-of-semester-haze to pass by, and we'll get back to your regularly scheduled rants and pondersome posts when all the boring and blatantly bizarre cultural phenomenons are over.

(yay alliteration!)

No comments:

Post a Comment