21 December 2009

a Serious Lack of direction

I want to write on this blog, I like my blog, but there's nothing. My mind, usually incessantly wandering, has come to standstill. All I can think about is how badly I want to play Zelda.

The semester just ended, my last final was on Saturday. I feel a congratulations should be in order, but now it's Monday and finals are old news. No one wants to talk about them because they've already heard all about them and there's only so much you can say,
"Finals are over!!"
"Good for you."
End of conversation. It's not enough for me. I'm still feeling the residual waves of tension and nervous energy from all that studying, from 15 weeks of total dedication, from the overwhelming and unbelievable thrill of being done with Photography FOREVER. "Good for you" just doesn't cut it.

What else would I have them say? As one who has been through finals and craves more appreciation for accomplishing the task, I admit that I too reply, "Good for you" when the subject arises. I try to fill it with enthusiastic sincerity, though. See? It's different.

No comments:

Post a Comment