04 November 2013

artist Version of NaNo

I drew a comic page last night.

"Comic page"? It wasn't a comic, it was a graphic novel. But it's not really a "novel" because it is only one page long. What is the terminology for such a thing? Anyone out there "in the know" want to let me in on it? I'll let you use "quotation marks" if you'd like.

The script didn't take long to hammer out and the panels didn't take too long to place.

Drawing is what took for.ev.er.

Maybe I'm out of practice or maybe I'm just slow, but I did not expect a rough draft to take me 2 hours. (ugh! embarrassing!)
It's not even finished, yet. I've got to scan it into the computer and do the rest of it digitally. Doing it on the computer will save time in some areas, but I'm planning (tentatively) another 2 hours (if it takes more than that, I'm quitting).

I count 'graphic novel' as being part of NaNoWriMo (cuz it's my nanowrimo, I'll do what I want), but how many words would this be equivalent to? The whole script is only 50 words, at most, but it's the time, people. The crazy amount of time it takes just to draw a single panel!

I'm wanting to count it as 1,000 words. Straight up, nice and even: 1,000 words.

I'll post the finished project tomorrow (or the next day...or whenever it is done) and you can weigh in on what you think the NaNo word-equivalent should be.

Check back tomorrow (or the next day...or whenever it is done). You'll love it. {wink}

No comments:

Post a Comment