30 October 2013

join My NaNoWriMo quest?

I was just re-reading a few posts from 2010, my last year at UVU.
I sounded way more intelligent back then.

What happened?
(you might ask)
Motherhood happened.

Now my brain is mushy. My writing (and my thinking, for that matter) isn't "critical" anymore. I think the most critical thought I have these days is: "When was the last time the baby ate?" followed by "What should I feed the baby?"

It's time for more. It's time for a challenge. It's time for....

NaNoWriMo!

Yes, yes, ladies and gents, step right up, it's that time of year again. National Novel Writing Month. (you might know it as "November".)

But this NaNoWriMo has a surprise twist: I have no idea what I'll be writing.

Seriously. I've been thinking about it for over a month now and I don't have a novel to work on. I can't come up with a storyline that I would want to write about for an entire month. But I've gotta come up with something because November 1st is in TWO DAYS.
(brief panic attack)
Is it kosher to set a goal for 50,000 words, with the allowance that those 50,000 words may or may not be related to each other in purpose? Not sure that counts as participating in NaNoWriMo since it negates the whole "novel" part.
Meh.
Ima do it anyway.

At this point, it will be less like "novel writing month" and more like "epic word-dump month." Scattered short-stories, dream imagery, and probably some hand-drawn graphic novel pages. It promises to be surreal, if nothing else.

I'm not convinced I want to share my epic word-dumping here, on the blog, but it needs to be shared somewhere. It doesn't feel like NaNoWriMo if it's not shared.

So I set up an account on nanowrimo.org, if you search Miss Hobbit you should be able to find me.
If you're already on there, you should look me up and we'll be buddies!

Good luck nanowrimers. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm on NaNoWriMo, but I couldn't find anyone with your user name. Mine is Arkayl. I don't use the NaNo site much, but I'll try. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I searched my name and I don't show up until page 4. Lame. But if you search "Words of November" I'm on the first page.
      I think I found you. Check on Nano, I sent you a message. :)
      (also, your story is really good, I hope you keep working on it)

      Delete