07 November 2013

As Promised...

I present to you, in all its glory, a comic page.

I want this little project to count towards my NaNoWriMo word count, I feel that it should since graphic novels are a valid and challenging form of story-telling. 
But here's the conundrum - 
- how many words should this qualify as? It takes a freaking long time to draw a page. Most published graphic novels have at least four people listed in the credits: the writer, the artist, the inker, and the letterer. 
Doing it yourself takes a loooot of time. 

I want to do more of these but I need a system to quantify the work. Something simple: 1,000 words per graphic page, or 100 words per panel. It's got to be fair, but still challenging. 

How many words do you think this page deserves?


No comments:

Post a Comment