26 November 2013

another Taste of NaNo

I ask for one simple favor and it's like I have to scream at the top of my lungs to get any kind of attention around here. It makes me so angry I just...I'll smash everything! Destroy it all! Every stinking thing in my way, obliterated! No one does anything right around here, I feel like I've got to do everything myself and people keep getting in my way! I've got to talk to management about this, because it has gotten way out of hand.

Of course you can't go to management with any kind of complaint these days because it always comes back to male versus female. Stupid bureaucrats, yes, I'm a girl, but that doesn't mean I'm being irrational. Maybe age has something to do with it, but anyone could look at me and agree that I am not overreacting. Anyone would be upset. Even you.

And it's not just the people, more about them later, but it's this whole place. Everything is so difficult and it doesn't have to be. First of all, I can never find what I'm looking for. Seems like everything is kept on shelves that are unreasonably high and always out of reach at the most inconvenient times. And picking your way through this place is a joke. I'm always tripping over things or people are tripping over me All the time. I'm not even exaggerating. It happens all the time. Is it so hard to watch where you're going?

But the people, good grief, some days I just don't know how to deal with these people. They are so demanding, so controlling, and so overbearing. They are extremely particular about where I go and what I do. It's like I'm always being watched! Is it any wonder I broke down crying this afternoon? And don't tell me it's a girl-thing, because I swear I will scream if you say it. I feel like I'm at the end of my rope, just so sick and tired of it all. Sick and tired...tired...

I am tired, now you mention it. No, I don't want to nap! I don't want to! Is that my crib? No, I don't want to! I don't! I...my blanket? I love my blanket. So soft...so nice...so tired...maybe just...a little nap...

This snippet was inspired by my daughter, who is 15 months old and complains to me constantly about the state of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment