07 January 2011

is It actually funny Or am I Just starved For Entertainment?

The semester has started out really well. My teachers are great: amiable and competent. (just how I like 'em) They've also turned out to be quite humorous. I don't know if they'll be as funny out of context, but here's a glimpse into what my day is filled with and what makes me chuckle:

"No floating heads, please. They can be...quite disturbing."
(Peter Sakievich, teacher of Rendering the Human Head class, telling us why we should include a background on our self-portraits)

"Never say, 'Never.' Just say, 'Yes! I embrace all things in my life!'"
(amazing Courtney Davis, explaining how she swore she would never work as a lawyer in litigation or family law, only to be hired by a firm that worked exclusively in litigation and family law. this advice, to me, is golden.)

"That's just them trying to separate you from your money."
(Will Terry looking out for his students. maybe not that funny as far as phrases go, I've just never heard it before. I'll now be on the lookout for anyone trying to "separate" me from my money.)

Good times. Good, good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment