11 January 2011

irritates Me To no End

Blockhead has a completely different work schedule from me, we're not even supposed to see each other this semester, and yet he's always here!!!

I'm only scheduled for the next half hour and then I was going to lock up the office and go home. But in strolls Blockhead, like he owns the place, and settles in our supervisor's desk (she just left) and is now doing homework.

What the heck?

(honestly, if you're a student and you need to do homework, then use the student computer labs all over campus - don't come into the office after hours when there are labs provided to you for that purpose)

So he's sitting in the other room, being an idiot, and I'm getting irritated, and he says to me:

"So tell me this, are you a fan of a firm bed or a soft bed?"

What the heck?

Why would you ever ask that? Ever?? To ANYONE??

I wish I could explain it away by saying, "Well, he's just a creeper. It's a creepy question, so of course he would ask that." Then roll my eyes and shrug it off.

But he's not. He's really, really not. He's just a dense blockhead with no sense of social normality, trying to make conversation. After I said, "I don't know, Blockhead. I really don't." He said:

"Oh well I was just wonderin' cuz everyone has their own sense of what's comfortable and what's not and everyone has their own opinion and whatnot and I was just wonderin'...*mumble mumble*"

See? Awkward idiot who is socially inept.

There's another socially inept individual who has latched herself to me and my group of Art Student Friends. I can ignore her. Even when she's sitting less than a foot away from me and trying to talk to me, I have the capacity to give a one-word answer, turn my head, and forget about her existence.

If only I could do the same with Blockhead. The afore-mentioned girl (known as Fungus Girl to some of us) makes me uncomfortable, but Blockhead makes me angry. Frustrated, irritated, and angry. I've actually sworn at him in my head a couple of times. He's incompetent and an idiot and I don't know how to cope with that combination.

He keeps trying to start conversations with me but I can't make out any of the words through his chronic mumbling.

Forget this, I'm going home early.

1 comment:

  1. I heard about fungus girl. Fungi do that, they are parasites remember? Missed you terribly at the party.

    ReplyDelete