04 January 2011

Entertainment At the Expense of An intelligible Narrative

Tomorrow:

Classes start at 10:00 a.m.

so so sooo much better than starting at 8:00 a.m. like last semester

I will be learning about Rendering the Human Head, which is good because thus far I've just been making stuff up: What does a jaw bone look like? What's a jaw? People have jaws? Let's just draw flowers! Aaaaagh!!

I'll also be taking Art History - Art and Architecture of the 20th Century. I'm really excited about this class. Not only will I be taking it with my good friend Lee and her husband Tyler, but the class is being taught by the lovely and astounding Miss Courtney Davis. *fangirl squeal*
(holy cow get a grip...she's only the most amazing teacher that the university has to offer, nothing to get overly excited about...remember you're an adult now...way too mature for fangirl squealing...breathe in, breathe out, breathe in....)
*fangirl squeal*

It would probably frighten Ms. Davis if she knew how much I worship her from afar. I need to get over my inferiority complex and just be friends with her.

I will also be taking Spanish 1020. ...again.

Inner Dialogue:
Do I need to explain this? I feel like I should explain this...
But I don't want to! It's long and dull and...long. There's got to be a way to summarize my reason for re-taking a class that I aced without raising a tedious string of questions.
(end inner dialogue)


I really want to know how to speak Spanish.

^_^

Thursday:

I'll be taking Illustrative Media and Techniques II (which I thought was going to be taught by Don Seegmiller again, but according to the online schedule, it's being taught by William Terry. William Terry? Who the heck is William Terry?) and that class should have more than a few familiar faces. That's good - it means my social anxiety/severe discomfort can take a break that day.

And then, of course, the weekly evening AVC Lecture.

I have very high hopes for this next semester. Stay tuned to see them all dashed and thwarted before week's end! Yay!!

Now, I feel I must be getting back to my book [NERD ALERT] :
The Judgement of Paris:
The Revolutionary Decade That Gave the World Impressionism

by Ross King
which has been my free-reading for the Holiday Break.

Oh yeah, and Happy 2011, y'all.

2 comments:

  1. Will Terry, Children's Book illustrator extraordinaire ;)

    http://www.willterry.com/

    I hope to run into you and the rest of the scooby gang as much as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent website! Thanks, Stooball!
    I hope we have many run-ins this semester as well. :)

    ReplyDelete