04 November 2009

Can you relate?


So, picture this: your hands are in water, maybe you're washing them or you're doing dishes, and you reach up, for a towel perchance, and when your wrist gets higher than your elbow the water starts to drip down your forearm...

I HATE that.

It's a small thing, a teeny-tiny detail in my life, and yet it infuriates me. In fact, I get a little bit of panic when I feel it going down because then I'm more wet than I had intended, and I don't know where that water is going. It could drip onto my foot, onto my floor, or get into my sleeve. (Gaaaah!!) I get flustered and upset, my heart rate goes up and my pupils constrict and I, well...I panic.

Because of water. On my forearm. Moving towards my elbow.

You may be thinking, what's the big deal? It's just water. You just *fwoop* wipe it off. What are you panicking about?

Well I'll tell you.

I. Don't. Know.

I've always hated the feeling of water creeping up my arm. I find myself getting angry at the water- no, not at the water, at gravity. Angry at gravity, the law of gravity, what sort of absurdity is this? What kind of crazy person has selective anger towards gravity?

Me, apparently.

Does anyone else hate that feeling? Am I really the only one? Have you ever even thought about it before now? Leave a comment and tell me! Tell me about the things that frustrate you, the little things that you don't think anyone else notices.

Even if you stumble on this and see that it was posted years ago...leave a comment anyway. Keep the conversation going.

3 comments:

  1. To be honest, YES. I absolutely HATE that feeling when the water falls up your arm. Its like a creepy little bug rushing its way towards your face or just under your arm in general--and you can't get it if its under your arm! and then if you react too quickly, you shoot your arm down cuz it tickles then the water gets on your shirt or something like that...

    Which is why I've always made a conservitive effort to wait and let my hands drip before I go to wipe them clean. or I shake the excess water off. eh heh heh....smart am I ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! Yes I really can relate! And I hate it! I freak out and the water flies out and gets everywhere. Or sometimes it freaks me out so i try to make it faster to the paper towel above me and the entire roll gets little finger-prints-shaped water dots on it. Xp It's not good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I'm so glad other people know what I'm talking about! I thought for sure I was the only one. It happened in the photo-lab the other day and I actually yelled, in a room that is usually dead silent, "Yeaaargh!" and startled everyone. Wooh, embarrassing...

    ReplyDelete