30 July 2010

our Little secret

I'm trying not to judge. I'm trying to be open-minded. I'm trying to find common ground.

But gosh-dang-it, some people are so stupid!

I don't know why it aggravates me so much. It really shouldn't. What do I care if someone is shallow, simple-minded, and content to find life fulfillment in the superficial and transitory? What difference does it make to me?
It just bothers me. It eats away at my brain. I'm boggled by frustration.
This is the reason I choose to stay at home, away from people, sitting on my floor in lamplight, drawing a still life in charcoal while listening to the extended version of The Fellowship of the Ring - Design Team commentary.

I'm sure, to certain eyes, my life looks just as simple, shallow, and even transitory as some lives do to me. We're all at different stages of life, different stages of development, some are little further ahead while some are a little behind. And no matter how much progress you make, there is always further to go, more to do. I understand that I am not yet where I could be, not yet who I could be. But I'm working to get there, I'm working to become. I can't possibly be the only who wants to become more than I am now, who sees the potential to grow, learn, and evolve. I can't be the only one who sees the potential to increase the depth of our lives, the scope of our vision, to expand our understanding of our world, of each other, of ourselves.

Perhaps I'll start another blog in which I can more freely rant about this problem. Here I only feel comfortable giving generalities; I yearn to pour out the specifics. It would have to be an anonymous blog because, as much as I hate to confess it, stupid people, unbeknownst to me, may very well be reading my blog. (even if there were stupid people who stumbled upon my posts, i don't think i could keep their attention for long. i don't talk nearly enough about my nails or my hair or Twilight or how expensive my television screen/car/wardrobe is to hold the interest of an IQ below 65.) So to be on the safe side, to avoid hurting the feelings of people I might know out there in the real world, the blog would have to be anonymous.

I think I will call it "People Are Stupid." Or "This is Why I Hate People (in general)" or "Feverish Rantings of a Hermit" or "Hermit is My Lifestyle Preference and This is Why." It'll probably show up on Typepad or Wordpress. Keep an eye out for it.

But if you should happen find it, remember it's anonymous. So, shhhhh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment