16 July 2010

even The lovely stillness Can Grow dreary

I would write more if things changed more.

The summer is reaching a point of stagnation. Not an entirely unpleasant sensation, but it grows wearisome after a time.
Maybe this is why I push myself so hard during the school year: to fight off stagnation. (that would explain a lot) I think I just learned something about myself. Not that it solves anything, but it feels good to have understanding.

I colored my hair on Monday, with my cousin, for the first time in our lives. I'm enjoying the change. A trifling matter to some, but it makes all the difference to me. I needed some kind of change. After all the simple monotony of every day life - doing dishes, cleaning up after myself, reading, working, sleeping - the monotony of everyone's lives, it's good to have a small change.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go enjoy my few hours of solitude.
It's quite possible that I'm falling into unhealthy patterns of isolation again, and that could be the reason for the stagnate nature of the past few days (or weeks, who knows?), but I can't help myself. I crave the seclusion. Maybe I love it, maybe that's who I am, or maybe it has to do with comfort... I'll socialize when I'm at work. Until then, I will bask in the slow, even pace of my solitary meandering.

No comments:

Post a Comment