11 August 2010

*grumble grumble*

I feel lethargic today and a little bit sick. Not sure what's going on.
Somehow I hurt my calf - pulled a tendon or something - and it hurts whenever I move. The pain is making me cranky and irritable.
It's hard to not be cranky and irritable when I'm in pain. I can't focus, and I'm thoroughly and honestly shocked that other people can be so calm about it. Of course I'm getting impatient with you: you're not offering to do everything for me while I sit on the couch and nurse my leg! And why aren't you bringing me the pain medication that I never verbally requested but am obviously in need of?? Honestly! People, work with me here!!
I'll just clench my jaw and keep reminding myself to be patient. I don't have the right to snap at people, even when I feel like they deserve it; I've just got to have more patience. I'll get my own Tylenol. No, no, don't get up. I can limp over to the cupboard all by myself. Don't even worry about it.

I need sunshine. I should go for a walk tomorrow morning. That would be good. It'll help my leg to move around a little, keep from getting stiff, and the sunshine/vitamin D/melatonin will significanly boost my mood.

Why can't it be tomorrow morning now?

Cry, cry, weep, wail and sob.

1 comment:

  1. Does anyone recognize the "Brave Little Toaster" quote in this post?
    It's pretty obscure. I wouldn't have even thought about it if I hadn't seen that movie just a week ago. Don't worry about it if you don't recognize it.

    But we both know it's going to drive you crazy now until you know what quote I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete