22 November 2012

a Blog post! Oh Good, miss hobbit's not Dead

So. It's Thanksgiving.

True story so far.

So far, so good.

I feel like I ought to write something...thanksgiving-ish. Or something.

I usually start these posts with some kind of idea of what I'm going to say. This time that's all I've got: "It's Thanksgiving." So Happy Thanksgiving, ya'll.

Let's just start somewhere...

My husband's family is here for Thanksgiving. Aunts and uncles and cousins. We all enjoyed a hearty Thanksgiving meal together at about 1:00. When it was over we cleaned everything up. And when everything was washed and put away we began wandering around the house, around each other, wondering what to do next.
Black Friday shopping is tonight, you know, so it's not like anyone could go home. Not yet.

That's where we are now. Some are watching T.V. or puttering around with kids (my baby is asleep, so I'm off the hook for a little while) and leafing through catalogs, thinking about what they're going to buy tonight.

My husband and I are going to have a post-Thanksgiving celebration with my family tomorrow. My family has no money to speak of, so there won't be any talk about shopping or Black Friday. Instead, we'll eat and probably spend the rest of the day avoiding dishes, telling stories and playing games.

Yeah. It's different.

I wish I could get a card game started upstairs, but no one seems interested.
So I'm blogging instead.

I know this post should be full of "I'm grateful for"s and "Thank you"s, but I'm sure you've met your gratitude quota from Facebook by now. Sorry for the non-holiday-on-a-holiday post.
I hope we can still be friends.
Now go get you some pumpkin pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment