19 November 2011

no More mondays, please

Today, Saturday, has disappeared way too fast in relation to how long
(and slow)
(and long)
the preceding week has been. I'm dumbfounded and dismayed at how quickly the minutes are slipping away from me.

It started out really well: I slept in. *deep contented sigh* That felt really good.
Then, with hubby Ranger, went to our public library to take part in their fantastic book sale. (I got a bag of books for $3. Yeah. You saw that right. Three. Dollars. Even a broke twenty-something like me can afford that.)

And I think it was around this point that the day got away from me.

We had to run to the bank to deposit my paycheck, and then we needed (really needed) to go grocery shopping. But why just go grocery shopping, so dull, so drab? Let's try out something new! So we went to a local health food store (the kind with whole organic foods, where the hippies in biodegradable clothing can be found - I love it) and got some of our necessaries, but it was a bit pricier than we had anticipated...

...so we got the rest of our supplies from our usual grocery store. At this point I thought it was maybe noon...maybe noon-thirty...

Sadly, it was 1:30. Which means I completely missed a meeting with the Arts and Facts crew (link can be found on the side bar). Ooops.

They texted me to see where the heck I was and told me they'd just reschedule. Ugh, I felt so bad. They only scheduled for a Saturday in the first place because I'm the one that can't make the usual Wednesday meeting. And I'm the one that said 1:00 would be a great time for the meeting.

Uuuugh. Another life fail.

And now I'm looking at the clock and thinking, "7:00?!? How in the world is it 7:00 already? I just looked at the clock two seconds ago and it was 5:00!"

All the books I was going to read today...all the sketches I was going to finish....I've got two comic strips to draw out, two more puppet drawings to flesh out, and tons more studies to work on...

The sun may be down, but  there are still a few more hours left before my body demands that I go to bed for the night. I've got to tear myself away from this computer now if I'm still going to get anything worthwhile done.

P.S. - if you'd like to see the "worthwhile" sketches, studies, and drawings I complete, you can see them on my other blog The Arduous Journey of an Average Artist. :)

2 comments:

  1. It's good to actually rest on your days off. Feel free to read and do whatever it is you find restful. Try not to stretch yourself too thin, like butter scraped over too much bread.

    Too many times we spend the time we should give to ourselves on busy schedules intended to relax and rejuvenate; when the typical end result is a discovery of even more exhaustion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butter scraped over too much bread...that is exactly how this weekend is turning out.
    This is good advice. I hope you're giving yourself time to rejuvenate as well, Stoo. I know how very busy you are. (my busiest days do not even compare to this guy's busy days. true story.)
    And p.s. - thank you for the Lord of the Rings reference. It makes my day. :)

    ReplyDelete