23 September 2011

I haven't Been This cheery since...Ever

Little bit of backstory:

I am an artist and I've wanted to learn digital painting. School isn't really an option right now, for various reasons, so I just bought myself a cheap tablet and have been teaching myself from online tutorials and experimentation.
But I've been slightly (very) frustrated lately at my lack of energy and time to devote to it.

But last night I was able to sit for 4 (count 'em up: f-o-u-r) uninterrupted hours in front of the computer and I painted. It felt pretty fantastic and it reduced my frustrations somewhat.

...or so I thought!

This morning, in the shower, I caught myself humming. (which is not so unusual - but pay attention to what I was humming) I listened closer and realized I was humming a song from Marry Poppins.
...and I'm not going to tell you which one...because ultimately it doesn't matter...because we're talking about Marry Poppins, here.
Marry Poppins! Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke and Chim-chimeny-chim-chim-cheroo and spoonfuls of sugar!

It doesn't matter which song you're singing from Marry Poppins because just the fact that you're singing from Marry Poppins means you are downright cheerful.

So. Very. Cheerful.

And there's no use denying it.

Which means my frustrations were not only "somewhat" assuaged - they were straight-up eradicated.

Some thank-yous are in order:
  • Thank you, Mono, for finally being gone and relinquishing my extra energy to me on your way out.
  • Thank you, Corel Painter, for providing tutorials online which give me guidance and hope.
  • Thank you, to everyone who left me alone last night between the hours of 8 and midnight. I couldn't have done it without...er, with you.
^__^

1 comment:

  1. Cheery cheery Miss Hobbit!

    Glad you're working, when are you going to show us your work??

    DOn't forget when you work in Painter, "save early, save often".

    ReplyDelete