31 August 2011

wednesday morning Adventures

As I walked out of the City Justice Center this morning, slightly disgruntled but comforted in the knowledge that at least I would make it to work on time, I noticed a man coming towards me on a bike. 
 
He was kinda dirty and probably homeless; but even dirty homeless people deserve a friendly "hello" in the mornings. So I raised my head and was about to verbalize a greeting as he passed, but he cut my off by yelling, yelling, in my face, "HOW'S THE WITCHES DOIN'??" and then zoomed away.
 
I was slightly startled. I jumped a little. If there had been anyone else in the near vicinity, I would have assumed he was yelling at them. But I could tell, by the contempt in his voice (persumably, towards witches) and his glance, that the inquiry was directed at me.
 
Dirty, homeless, and crazy.
 
I hope whoever gave him the bike is also regulating his medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment