10 June 2010

sweating Myself Into A state Of ennui

The A/C isn't working in my apartment. It was working on Friday, but then I turned it off on Saturday and just opened some windows. It hasn't blown cold air since I turned it on again on Sunday (i never should have turned it off. serves me right for trying to be thrifty, save energy, and help the planet - won't make that mistake again). I can hear it blowing, but the air coming out is not nearly cold enough to make any difference in the temperature of the apartment.

I complained to management. Apparently a lot of units are having the same problem. They said they'd work on it. I visited my family for a couple of days, thinking that when I got back the A/C would be fixed.
Nope.
So now I'm sitting here in my skivvies (that is a funny word. almost as funny as "flibbertigibbet" or "tomfoolery") thinking about excuses I have to wander throughout various air conditioned buildings around town rather than sit and sweat in my living room. Except the heat is making me drowsy, so I'm going to have to make my move soon before my motivation to get dressed slips away into lethargy.

I've been staring at this screen for half an hour now, just repeating the same thoughts to myself in different phrases and patterns. I'd love to go back to my bed and read. But there are things to do, and air conditioned environments I could be in. Just gotta get myself there.

A cold shower will wake me up. I'll just start at a cold shower and move on from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment