15 June 2010

new Layout...But don't get Comfy

Blogger's all excited about this new "Template Designer" link (it's New!!) and so I gave it a shot.
They give you a lot more freedom now, but still not nearly as much as I'd like to have.

I like this dark red thing goin' on. It suits me for right now. Just to warn you though, don't get too attached, because I find that I'm already missing the brown. Stay tuned...

On a much more personal note: I'm feeling some discomfort in my bowels right now. TMI?

Moving on....

Today is my day off from work (w00t) and I'm just not sure what to do with it. I was going to do something responsible, like clean my bathroom or wash dishes, but upon further reflection I decided against it. I could visit the library, now that my To-Read list has been revamped. I'd also like to wander some gaming shops and see if I can find any cheap/used/both games for my Gamecube. I have some extra money and I'm feeling reckless today (which means i will be heaped upon with regret and guilt by tonight). Or I could do something really wild and crazy - I could draw!

*jaw drop*

I know. So unexpected.

I had intended for this summer break to be the ultimate opportunity for me to grow and develop in my artistic abilities. This was to be a time for experimentation, with no limitations. A time of endless creation and discovery.
Here's what I have found:
I'm completely lost and unmotivated without some kind of organized assignment.

FAIL!!!!

I used to be able to find inspiration for all kinds of drawings from my imagination. And I still could. But it's a small and rather limited well to draw from. (double meaning guys: "draw" as in, drawing water from a well, or drawing on paper with pencil. woah...i'm so deep *sarcasm*) I progress at a much faster rate with some sort of teacher to guide my efforts. Which...I suppose, if you think about it...is a teacher's purpose.

Now that the "As I Fall Asleep..." picture is done, I have nothing waiting for me to be worked on, to be polished, to be finished. I just have piles of paper and conte crayons and charcoal and pencils, all of it, waiting for me to start something.

I'm gonna have to just start something. Doesn't matter what. If it sucks, if it's awesome, it doesn't matter. I'm not creating it to sell it or to show it off to people or even to gloat over it in my own private sphere. It's a learning process. That's the purpose. To try, to fail, to learn, to succeed.

Kind of like Life.

...so deep, guys. You don't even know....

No comments:

Post a Comment