26 March 2013

where Was I Going with this?

I don't actually remember the last time I wrote on this blog.

So I'm here.

So acknowledge me.

We moved to Arizona last month. I live in a house now. We're renting, but still. A house! My very own house! :) Sure beats a dark, cramped basement. My baby girl has her very own room (a "nursery," if you will. fancy fancy.) and I have a ginormous closet and a back yard and a sunny porch.

I don't think of myself as a superficial person, but it's amazing what personal space and a consistent income can do for one's general disposition.

Plus! The Precious (baby) is learning how to put herself back to sleep when she wakes up in the night. In her own crib. In her own room. Which translates to me getting a full night's sleep for the first time in months.

If you ever need a mood-booster, try sleep deprivation for months at a time, and just before you start hearing voices in your head and getting suicidal, let yourself sleep for 6 straight hours.
You'll feel amazing. Personal experience talking here.

(Whoever came up with the idea of babies that need their mothers to wake up every few hours to feed/check on/soothe them back to sleep was a frickin' idiot. Or just a jerk. Motherhood needs to be completely re-designed. I'll get my committee on it right away.)

I think miss Precious over there has entertained herself as long as she can stand. We're leaving Happy Coos and wandering into Frantic Squeals territory.

Thanks for your acknowledgement.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment