15 March 2013

I'm so tired It physically Hurts

The baby won't fall asleep

Bleeeeeegh....

and it's after midnight and I've used all my newly acquired "mommy tricks" and nothing is working. She just refuses to sleep. Even though it's dark and there's nothing to listen to and there's nothing to see and there's nothing TO DO other than freaking fall asleep.

I keep trying to convince her that it's boring to stay awake at night, but she knows I'm lying.

So she tortures herself (and me) and fights to stay awake. Which means she gets irritable and restless and fussy, which escalates to screaming and wailing and general misery.

I hope this phase ends soon.

Reeeeeally soon.

So I'm ripping music onto my new laptop while I listen to her cry and fuss in the other room. The mechanical swing and I trade shifts in coaxing the baby to sleep. It's usually a better coaxer than I am, truth be told.

Aaaah...hark...I hear silence. The swing has done it's job again. Thank you Fisher Price.

No comments:

Post a Comment