13 February 2012

been Awhile...

I just want you to know that I haven't been avoiding Blogger because of you. It's me. Well, mostly it's Reality in general and my complete inability to strike any kind of compromise with it.

But things are settling down now (settling? really? no, not really). Things are falling into a flow (check your word choice, Miss Hobbit, cuz that's not what's happening, either). Alright, nothing has changed with the "things" going on in life, what's changed is the amount of sleep I've procured in the last few weeks which has increased my ability to stare those "things" in the face and take care of them.

Satisfied?

I found out a couple of weeks ago that I'm pregnant.

(oh congratulations we're so happy for you that must be exciting oh my goodness it's just so thrilling...)

Yeah, yeah, I know. And I appreciate it, I really do. Just give me a few weeks for the day-long bouts of nausea, the extreme exhaustion, and horrifying mood swings to go away and I'll be able to properly reciprocate your good wishes. I'm told the second trimester is much easier. We'll go out and celebrate when I get to the second trimester.

Not to mention all the horrendous paperwork this thing entails. Medicaid, Baby Your Baby, hospital visits, WIC, prenatal classes and vitamins and exercise and diet regimens... Is it any wonder I'm tired?

The last few weeks have been a weird haze of sleep and food cravings, nausea, appointments, and more sleep. And through it all, I keep hearing Graham Edge's voice in my head:

Breathe deep. The gathering gloom.
Watch lights fade from every room...


The text on the screen does not carry the same effect as when you hear the man's voice say the words. But maybe it gives you a vague idea...

This blog will not be transitioning to a "Mommy Blog" so you can keep reading (is anyone reading?) without fear of slowly losing your mind. Mommy blogs kind of make me want to slap someone in the face with a quarter staff. They would have us all convinced that becoming a "mommy" makes you a complete moron (hey, maybe that's true. maybe it does. guess I'll find out soon enough) and I just have no desire to share that kind of mental deterioration over the Internet.

So that's why I've been offline for that past...however long it's been. And now that I've updated you and fulfilled my duties as blog author, I'm going to go listen to The Moody Blues.
Still craving them. That band, man. They speak to me. Always have. Admittedly more so now that my hormones are completely off kilter...

4 comments:

  1. I'm reading.

    Also, I know you feel like crap. I had a hard time with sickness during pregnancy. Not morning sickness, or evening sickness. Just overall feeling crappy enough to get absolutely nothing done. I sympathize. A lot. So congrats on blogging.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading! and if you ever do want a mommy blog you can have more than one blog. I have two. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point I think I have a total of three blogs, actually. None of them mommy blogs. Again with the quarter staffs and smacking people in the head.

      I'm getting worked up just thinking about it...I better go lie down...

      Delete