11 May 2011

you Would think I'd Be more Sympathetic

It was pleasant enough this morning. A little sun, mostly gray clouds, no breeze. Fairly average Spring morning.

Then, out of nowhere, about 2 minutes ago, it started hailing. Huge clumps of ice pummeling the sidewalk and innocent pedestrians who had been caught unawares.

It's already stopped. (who's ever heard of a 30 second hailstorm? what is the point of that?)

This is what Spring is like in Utah. I don't think Utah copes well with change - especially the seasons. There are no smooth transitions from Winter to Spring to Summer to Autumn. On paper, it looks like it should be smooth: temperatures rise, peak, and fall again. Smooooth.

Not in Utah.

Utah tends to get irrational, even moody, when it comes to the change of seasons. This 30 second hailstorm for example: it's nothing more than a temper tantrum of a grumpy child who is adverse to change in routine. When the temperatures start to rise, Utah freaks out, "Oh no it's getting warmer! It's getting warmer and warmer I-I-I don't know what to do!! Oh no oh no! HAIL!!"

Irrational storming and threats of flooding and unpredictable bouts of hail...it's pretty obvious that Utah has no coping skills when it comes to the Winter-to-Spring changeover. Can we get a climate-therapist in here to tell our State to calm down? Maybe take a few deep breaths, count to ten, get a grip?

1 comment:

  1. This post made me laugh oh-so-very hard. It makes me realize how much I miss Utah and its temper-tantrums.
    I don't have much to say to this post, but I couldn't pass by without saying "bwahaha, Kenna I love you"
    climate-therapist...teehehe

    ReplyDelete