29 March 2011

time Travel

Middle of the day, sitting at work, I check my phone to see the time and...

...7:47 at night?? It can't be past 3:00 in the afternoon... Thursday? It's not Thursday, it's Tuesday. ...June? Why does my phone think it's Thursday June 2nd?

But, wait! There's more...

I opened up the calendar to see if it would open up on today's date (March 29, 2011) and it opened to June 2009. WTF, right?

Somehow, between my walking to the restroom and walking back to the office to sit at my desk, my phone traveled almost two years backward in time.
I sent a text message concerning the amusing event to my husband, and as soon as it was finished sending, voila! it was March 29th again, of the year 2011.

What could have caused my phone to leap backward in time to 2009? Maybe it has to do with these cement walls (part of our post-industrialism architecture style...or something. it's the same reason that all the pipes are exposed and painted in visually offensive and appalling colors. the whole complex is like this. no matter how many stairs you climb, you still feel like you're in a basement.) or perhaps everyone carried by Verizon had a strange time-lapse at that exact moment.

Or, maybe, my past self of June 2009 needed to send me a message, a message of great importance concerning the safety and well-being of my family, and so conspired with the Boy Scouts of Camp Tifie (which is where I was working in June of 2009) to construct a mechanism to manipulate the time-space continuum so I could send myself a vital text message within the two minute span of the rift in time-space...but then my 2011 self sent a message to my husband and so my phone failed to retrieve the mysterious 2009 message, to the detriment of my entire future.

...except, I think I'd remember building a mechanism to bend time and space with a rowdy troop of boy scouts.
Better theory: It was a message from a parallel version of my past self that got cross-routed to me, rather than the parallel version of me.

Do I watch too much sci-fi? Or not enough? You tell me.

Or maybe it was just weird and I need to find better ways to amuse myself while I'm at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment