07 February 2011

some Cryptic statements And A burst of Nostalgia

A lot has happened recently. Some fairly big, life-changing things. Less than two minutes ago, in fact, I changed the course of my future.

I'm still not fully registering the impact of what's happened. I feel that I ought to be concerned, or at least a little more wary of the situation. Instead, all I feel is

Relief.

I don't think I can say more about it right now. Right here. It should sit for a bit, let it ruminate, and perhaps more details will be forthcoming in the near future.

Until then, I bring you this excerpt I found in my journal. I think I always intended for this little story to be on the blog, I had just forgotten about it until recently.

Ahem:

My husband and I were in Sam's today, purchasing our items as we have several times before. The woman behind the register was talking about a Premium Membership Card and savings, and other words that ran into each other (but didn't necessarily belong next to each other) and I couldn't pay attention. I was distracted.

There was a pixie behind us.

A lithe nymph with long gold hair of gossamer quality. A tiny voice and big, curious eyes. She twittered and flitted and spun, she danced back and forth across the dismal concrete floor. Her clothes hung loosely from her shoulders, ill-fitting yet perfectly appropriate. I couldn't help but be charmed by her presence.

She was utterly oblivious to me; I found that to be quite alright.

The woman was still going on about savings and percentages, and something about a green sign...I kept peering over my shoulder at our pixie friend.

She had a magical quality that I remember having, once upon a time. A quality that I miss.

(Her mother soon ushered her to the exit, their shopping done, apparently unaware of the magic.)

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful story, Miss Hobbit. It certainly strikes a chord :)
    To be pixies once more...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete